The National Health Team is supported by a Limited Company – Thank Holiday Team Limited. It’s called that as we were originally planning to call for a new bank holiday to thank our NHS and social care workers but it turns out there are already brilliant plans to turn the NHS anniversary on July 5th into an annual moment of celebration. We support that too!
The National Health Team is run entirely by volunteers. Our funding (to pay for buying our web address and register the company) came from our own pockets.
The company is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office – this is our ICO reference: ZA758623.
Thanks Holiday Team Limited collects, processes and retains data for use in campaigning (including fundraising and advocacy). We take our responsibilities in relation to data protection seriously, and are committed to protecting the rights of individuals when we collect, hold and process personal information. We collect data from you when:
- You complete a form on this website, or if you fill out a paper form and return that to us,
- You send us an email or a letter with your views,
- You interact with us online, including on social media channels such as Facebook or Twitter
- You receive an email from us, and open or click on the links on it, do only one of those, or neither.
We may go on to analyse and use the data we collect in a variety of ways, and also combine them, in order to:
- communicate with you about campaigns we think are most likely to be relevant to you or of interest to you,
- tell you about opportunities to get involved with our campaigns locally or online
- ensure that any donations made to us are lawful,
- show you advertisements on social media.
When you sign up as a supporter we will collect, hold and process personal information about you on the bases of both legitimate interest (your name and your location) and your explicit consent (your email address). When we contact you directly using your email address or phone details, we will be relying on your explicit consent to make that contact, and on legitimate interest to choose how to contact you.
In all cases we will be clear and transparent about how we use your personal information, only use it for the purposes for which it has been obtained and ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to maintain its security. You can withdraw this consent at any time by emailing: xxxx.
We aren’t currently collecting donations to the Thank Holiday Team but If you donate in the future, the information we will ask for will purely used to process your donation and ensure our ability to comply with regulations designed to prevent bribery and money laundering.
We will never sell or share your personal information with other organisations for their direct marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may share your data with third parties to perform services on our behalf (for example to send you emails, as we do not build our own email software), and to help serve you advertisements and content online about our campaigns in which we think you might be interested.
Occasionally, in order to complete your request as outlined above, we may need to transfer personal information you submit to us to countries or jurisdictions outside the EEA. In each case, we ensure that our suppliers provide adequate protection for the rights of data individuals in connection the transfer of their personal data. Currently, we expect all suppliers to use the standard contractual clause approved by the European Union or be subject to Privacy Shield scheme in the United States.
We do not knowingly process any personal details from individuals under the age of 18 without parent/guardian consent. If you believe that a person under 18 has signed up without that consent, please let us know.
Our website has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control.
This site does not automatically capture or store personal information, other than logging the user’s IP Address or the location of your computer or network on the Internet, for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. (If you are connected to the Internet you have an IP address, for example, an IP address might read “144.544.22.9”). We also use IP addresses in the aggregate to track which pages people visit, in order to improve the quality of the site.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information and the opportunity to choose how it is used. You can:
- Obtain copies of the personal information Thank Holiday Team Limited holds about you (known as a “subject access request”)
- Request that we correct or update personal information we hold about you
- Ask that we erase or restrict the way in which we use your information
- Request that personal information you have given your consent for us to use is provided in an electronic format so it can be transferred to another data controller (sometimes referred to as “data portability”)
We provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us easily and promptly. Our unsubscribe requests are processed weekly, and other changes are processed twice a month.